Winner of the WANZ 2016 Residential $175,000+ Category
This stylish Toms Way residence covers 600 sqm over two sections, just a stone’s throw away from Lake Wanaka. Designed and managed by local award winning team at Warren and Mahoney Architects, Queenstown.
The home is a pavilion style single level home that sits perfectly to the north, with large outdoor areas and internal courtyard for the odd windy day.
Black frost anodised architectural aluminium joinery is integrated into the cladding both internally and externally.
The team at Design Windows Cromwell spent numerous hours on site measuring exact details of internal linings into the joinery, flush sills to doors, flashings to meet cladding, aluminium facings angles. Design Windows Cromwell also installed all the aluminium joinery, flashings and facings.
Breen Construction were an excellent team to work with on a perfect build. Full height sashes, doors, windows, wall to wall, post to post.
The detailing just doesn’t stop… Raking aluminium windows align to doors below, corner sliding door in the bedroom, integrated steel into coupling as well as detail for motorised blinds.
Three sides of the internal courtyard was one complete unit of aluminium joinery and glazing.
THE WINDOWS & DOORS
- APL Architectural suite
- Metro Thermal Heart
- Architectural Flush-Line sills were used
- Glazing was Metro Low-E, Argon filled units along with heat strengthened laminated glass to the high level gable end windows. This was used to assist with fading issues and any possible thermal stress.
- Icon hardware
- Altherm Plasma Entry door in anodised smooth black
- Outdoor areas are shaded with Locarno motorised louvres.
- Category: Residential
- Tags: APL Architectural, Metro Thermal Heart, Low-E, Argon, Icon Hardware, Plasma Entry Door, Flush Track, Sliding Door, Locarno Louvres, Black Frost Anodised, Central Otago,