Winner of the WANZ Eco Award, 2016
This Nelson studio is simply an outstanding example of when architectural flair and imagination is successfully combined with resource sustainability, without degrading the environment. Constructed from Cross Laminated Timber (CLT), this energy efficient, highly insulated, wood building provided the owner with a three bedroom, two bathroom breath taking dwelling complete with a large meeting room overlooking the estuary and orchard.
One of the most interesting aspects of the aluminium joinery involved the ten raking windows, all of which had central opening casement sashes. Individual and custom built, the end result of these windows is proof of the skill and care that went into their fabrication.
THE WINDOWS & DOORS
- METRO ThermalHEART SERIES
- APL ARCHITECTURAL SERIES
- APL 40MM SUITE
- Duratec Gunmetal metallic was the perfect compliment for the “armadillo” inspired design
- The CLT panel’s were made locally in Nelson from naturally green resources thereby reducing the carbon footprint
- Thermally broken units with Argon Gas
- Seismic design ensures longevity and in doing so reduces needless stress on the environment
Photo Credit: Paul McCredie
- Category: Residential
- Tags: Metro Thermal Heart, APL Architectural, Casement Window, Angled Window, Floor to ceiling, Thermally Broken, Argon, Gunmetal Metallic, Nelson,