This Tucker Beach Road residence is another award winning home designed by Gary Todd Architecture and built by GSCayless Construction.
The modern residence, nestled at the base of the Wakatipu Basin and overlooking the wild Shotover River fits perfectly into its surroundings. The exterior is clad in shuttered concrete and tiles imported from Italy. The balance of the exterior is in floor-to-ceiling tinted glass, charcoal-coloured aluminium windows and doors.
Design has been used to overcome the effects of the extreme climate. Deep overhangs and clerestory windows control the sun’s rays. The Altherm windows and doors are double glazed with Low-E glass and Argon gas filled. Concrete floors absorb heat by day and release it at night.
The living areas feature floor to ceiling aluminium sliding doors, when open the interior and landscape become one. The APL Architectural 7 metre in wall cavity slider ensures a seamless flow outdoors. Another feature close to the living space is the thermally broken wine room, that is fully glazed and temperature controlled.
THE WINDOWS & DOORS
- Metro series; windows, doors and skylights
- Metro Thermal Heart
- Altherm Overhead Glazing Systems
- APL Architectural Sliding Doors 2700mm High
- Icon Hardware
- Metro GlassTech double glazed, Argon filled Low E glass
- Category: Residential
- Tags: Metro Series, Metro Thermal Heart, Overhead Glazing, APL Architectural, Sliding Door, Cavity Slider, Icon Hardware, Double Glazing, Argon, Low-E, Tinted Glass,